You will need:
- 1 small or medium carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 2 tablespoons low-fat or fat-free ranch dressing
- small plate
- vegetable peeler
- sharp knife (adult use)
- Use a sharp knife to cut carrot and celery into sticks after child has peeled carrot.
What to do:
- Wash hands; Get out ingredients and utensils.
- Wash ingredients.
- Use vegetable peeler to peel carrot.
- Place carrots and celery on plate with ranch dressing.
- Enjoy your Turtle Treat.
Try to make the treat using other fruits or vegetables. Instead of the carrot and celery, try tomato slices, cucumber slices, broccoli florets, orange segments, grapes or apple slices. Also try your Turtle Treat with peanut butter, soy butter or low-fat yogurt for some added flavor.