Eat this delicious and healthy stew!
You will need:
- 1 lb. ground beef, lean
- 2 cups yellow onions, diced
- 6 cups water
- 2 cans (14.2 oz) diced tomatoes
- 6 cups red-skinned potatoes, cubed
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 cup corn (frozen is best)
- 1 cup yellow squash, diced
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 1 can (15.5 oz) light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can (15.8 oz) can black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking barley
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
What to do:
- In a skillet, brown ground beef and onions.
- Add meat, onions and all ingredients to a large stock pot.
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 30-45 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
Recipe from www.getfreshcooking.com.